HR and Safety Manager
August 25, 2017
Reports to Director, HR, dotted line to Plant Manager
Responsible for managing all facets of human resource administration. Reports to the Regional Director of Human Resources with a dotted line to the Operations Manager. Bachelors degree or equivalent education or experience is necessary. Strong business background and a high level of creativity a definite plus.
- Recruits, selects and places all plant level exempt and non-exempt personnel, manages on-boarding process.
- Works closely with management to enhance the skills of plant personnel and address performance issues as they arise
- Implements human resource policies and procedures as provided by corporate HR
- Coordinates safety training and manages OSHA compliance in plant.
- Maintains annual performance appraisal system
- Conducts in-house training on issues related to human resources (i.e., EEO, safety, management training, etc.)
- manages workers’ compensation claims and plant reporting
- Assures compliance with ADA, FMLA, and other Federal/State mandated programs as directed by corporate HR.
- Processes and submits payroll for all plant personnel
- Coordinates and administers benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, cobra, long-term and short-term disability, 401(k) plan for the plant with corporate HR direction
- Coordinates employee training and development programs and maintains training records
- Completes corporate projects as assigned through Director of Human Resources and the Plant Manager.
Education and Experience
BS/BA in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent, plus 5-7 years experience as Human Resources generalist in a manufacturing environment. PHR a plus. Must possess good interpersonal skills. Must also possess solid PC knowledge, with experience in Microsoft Word and Excel. ADP experience a plus.
Please fill out the form below and attach your resume.
Copyright ©2016 Plastic Industries, Inc. – Sugarhill® is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. | Tel 603-888-1315