April 9, 2018
Maine Container provides the highest quality, on-time containers for the dairy, water, food and beverage industries throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England States. We provide exceptional service to our customers with an efficient inventory management service dedicated to solving individual bottling needs. Our business starts with an understanding of our client’s functional, aesthetic, and economic needs and relies on our knowledge, good manufacturing practices, and technology to achieve product quality.
Maine Container is seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager to join the team at their Poland, Maine facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for all day-to-day equipment maintenance in support of the 24/7 blow mold manufacturing facility. The candidate must also have excellent organizational, communication, and decision making skills.
The position reports to the Plant Manager and offers a competitive compensation plan.
The candidate must:
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance programs to support all production objectives; coordinating maintenance with other departments to minimize disruptions and downtime
- Provide dynamic leadership to motivate, train, and lead a team of 4 maintenance mechanics
- Manage budget, spending, labor costs, and budgetary reporting for the department and maintain all equipment in the most cost effective manner
- Recognize, troubleshoot, and repair blow mold equipment, bagging equipment, and all production support equipment
- Perform all maintenance technician duties as needed
- Supervise and perform mold changes and assist with tool changes
- Inspect maintenance work, in process and at completion, to ensure that standards of safety, cleanliness, order, productivity, quality, and workmanship are achieved and maintained
- Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies as needed to maintain proper spare parts inventory
The candidate will:
- Have 10 years manufacturing maintenance experience, blow mold and/or Uniloy machinery experience strongly preferred
- Have 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment
- Hold a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate experience in preventative maintenance deployment with the ability to drive equipment reliability, accessibility and maintainability
- Have extensive experience with electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems used in a manufacturing environment and be familiar with electric programming of PLC equipment
- Have outstanding multi-tasking, problem solving, and decision making skills with the ability to complete difficult assignments in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Be a strong, hands-on manager with a “get the job done right” attitude
- Be able to lift up to 60 lbs. with reasonable assistance
- Have computer proficiency in Microsoft office; preventative maintenance software such as Asset Controller a plus
Please fill out the form below and attach your resume.
Copyright ©2016 Plastic Industries, Inc. – Sugarhill® is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. | Tel 603-888-1315